|b l o g|
1. When walking in high grass, lift feet high and replace gently, heel first.
2. When walking on hard roads—place toe down first and then lower heel.
3. Stop frequently to listen. Keep off sky line.
4. On a moonlight night—walk in the shadows.
5. To prevent a sneeze—press fingers upward against nostrils.
6. To stop a cough—press lightly with fingers upon your Adams Apple.
—Harold H. Elath, Training Guides: A Plan of Progressive Training for Infantry Units, Military Service Publishing Co., Harrisburg, 1935